At their November meeting, the Green Party Federal Council approved September 28 - 30 as the dates for the 2018 Biennial General Meeting and Vancouver, BC as the location. Council also approved the Convention Committee Terms of Reference and struck a Convention Committee.
In previous years, the BGM has taken place during the summer, but a September date was felt to have several advantages:
1. better media coverage when the House is in session
2. support for the BC electoral reform referendum
3. less expensive in off-peak season
4. less conflict with vacation plans
5. less conflict with provincial elections and leader's schedule
It's not too early to start making plans to attend!
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!